Saturday, November 29, 2008

"Turkey" Day? More like Sweet Potato day.

If it were up to me, I would say leave the turkey out.  What makes the Thanksgiving meal so great is not the meat, I say shamelessly.  No, I believe it's the vegetables, casseroles, and dessert.  Corn pudding, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce.  You can even leave out the stuffing.  Yeah, that's right, I just said it.  No turkey and no stuffing would actually make me a happier person because I would have more room in my belly to savor the pumpkin pie.  The only reason to roast a turkey on Thanksgiving would be to save it for the leftover turkey sandwiches that you eat for the next week.  mmmmm, now THOSE are high quality.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

instead of turkey, why not try a different bird like, chicken or cornish game hens? i don't know, but i think you've got to have some type of fowl for thanksgiving...

Anonymous said...

the side dishes are nice, but if you don't have a bird it isn't thanksgiving.

Rachel said...

You need the bird for the smell (and the chemicals in them which cause you to want to nap afterwards), but I agree the sides and desserts are much better!!!

Mike West said...

blasphemy..
:)

Elizabeth said...

I'm with you...the sides and pretzel salad are my favorites!