Saturday, December 8, 2007

ej CAN'T explain

Just in case you are wondering what I am doing with this blog, I am here to offer satirical, sarcastic, witty, and sometimes non-pc views on life, love, sports, and aggies. No matter what the situation, I'll form an opinion and provide some sort of explanation for why things are the way they are. Although my blog will never enter the ranks of some (see Why, Justin, Why???), I still hope to make a few people laugh, cry, or just ponder life as they venture onto this site.

But I've already encountered a blip in this goal of explaining the crazy world around us, and I'm only two weeks in.

I, for the life of me, can't explain to you why Billy Gillispie is an utter failure as Kentucky's new basketball coach. I personally watched him at Texas A&M for two years as he formed Aggie basketball into a national powerhouse, yet he has been nothing but a disappointment in Lexington this year. UK Basketball, what I would argue to be the epitome of college basketball and tradition, is currently 4-3 on the year, not ranked in any national polls, and recently had one of its best players (Legion) decide to transfer.

Billy G, get your act together. You're making me look bad. So to all my loyal readers, I apologize that I am unable to provide a logical, reasonable explanation for this phenomenon. Maybe some of you can?

5 comments:

Aggie said...

1) BCG is awesome. Give him some time for his recruits to come in and take care of business.

2) Legion is a wuss. He couldn't handle the intensity of BCG workouts. Acie Law almost left when Billy came to TAMU, but his parents made him stay. Look where he is now.

3) Thanks for the plug.

Anonymous said...

i agree with what Mr. Wolfshohl said.......it appears as though good looking Stonewall men think alike.

once UK finally buys into his system, which is 180 degrees from how Tubby coached, they will be awesome as usual.

i have a feeling Legion left bc his PT was down so low AND bc BCG's style of play doesnt cater to his. as we all know, BCG is only worried about defense and could care less about how many points his own players score. and when you think about it, thats the exact opposite mentality of NBA teams. so my guess is that Legion wants to go to a place that can prepare him to play in the league.

on a side note, i would like to comment how amazing this Third Eye Blind concert i am currently watching on TV. thought you might like that.

EJ Chang said...

OK maybe I was a little harsh on the guy, but still, he's not really living up to his expectations. I'll give him a grace year (kinda, as long as he beats UofL) because he is dealing with the aftermath of Tubby's poor recruiting.

Lyndsey said...

Because we're still working on Tubby's recruits! The only guys that can score is Billy G's recruit. It will happen. Give it time Liz, give it time.

Sarah Foster said...

"more comments." hehe, did Lyndsey really call you "Liz?" I want #4!