Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Bunny

Last night, at approximately 12:03am, I through a pity party for myself. That's right friends, I was feeling sorry for myself for being away from my family for Easter. I've been home alone, studying like crazy for my tests and papers coming up for the past 3 days. But there was really no reason to be down. I had been so graciously invited to a friend's house for dinner that evening, as one of the "stragglers" left in CS for Easter weekend. But nonetheless, I still wanted to be in my ol' Kentucky home, celebrating this holiday with my family. I then proceeded to put a status on Facebook, saying:

"Elisabeth is wishing she would wake up to an Easter basket tomorrow morning, instead of an empty house."

I went to bed, slept like a log, woke up at 8:30am, looked outside for some random reason, and saw an Easter basket sitting on my car! Hooray!

So either the Easter Bunny is real, or someone out there who saw my status between midnight and 8am, went out and bought the materials, and brought it to my house. There was no card left with the stuff, so I don't know who it is from. Whoever my mystery Easter bunny is, THANKS! You really did make my day!

Happy Easter. HE IS RISEN!

6 comments:

Spencer Selvidge said...

Awesome story! I got up and... haven't found anyone to speak english with all day. Part of me feels the way you did last night but the other part knows I am currently blessed! Good fun post!

Anonymous said...

He is risen, indeed!!!

Aggie said...

great post ej. for once, i respect anonymity. your friend rules.

Sarah Foster said...

That is awesome! Who did this, reveal yourself pronto!!!!!!!!

Aggie said...

no, don't reveal yourself. not cool to leave a gift anonymously and then admit to doing it later.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ said...

I came back after a long time. ill try to check on this more often!! Seattle is awesome. So your probably jealous I made it to KY for Easter (night) after stopping in ATL for church with my sister. But what's a few hundred miles to me! haha Rolling across I-10 next week leaving PDX headed to MIA!!