Tuesday, March 18, 2008

back to life, back to reality

I realize this is the lazy man's way of blogging, and I apologize for that. But I don't have the time to sit down and be really creative right now. I just returned from Seattle and the Bahamas for Spring Break, and it's back to the books for me. So this is what ya get. My random thoughts. Take it or leave it. (oh please do take it)

  • It's the most wonderful time of the year. March Madness. My Wildcats AND Aggies both got into the Big Dance once again this year, which makes me smile. They both are playing in Anaheim, CA too, which has to have some sort of significance to it (haven't figured it out yet, but I feel like it's a good luck charm). UK (#11 seed) plays this Thursday, March 20th, at 1:30pm CST against #6 seed Marquette. #9 seed A&M plays #8 seed BYU at 6:25pm CST on Thursday. Big day! BTHO marquette and byu!
  • I stepped on a wasp yesterday morning AND got attacked by killer fire ants, all in less than 12 hours from each other. My feet are red, swollen, and I look really funny when I walk. I don't know what I did to deserve this. My house has a wasp nest somewhere in it, but we don't know where. We have killed 6 wasps since we've gotten home from Spring Break.
  • I could live in Seattle, WA. I fell in love with the city when I was there. The culture, food, scenery, shopping...I could go on and on. I am seriously contemplating doing my residency or fellowship there. It's such a fun, unique city! But there are negatives to moving out there: I would most definitely come down with a case of SAD due to the 6 straight months of cold and rain; if I was not married already, I would most likely end up with the average Seattle male: fun and outdoorsy, but liberal and quirky. Also, Seattle has MANDATORY recycling. They fine you if they find you throwing away glass/plastics in the "normal" trash. Government intervention is not the answer, my friends.
  • My spring break pics are up on Facebook if you want to see them. If you don't have Fbook, too bad. :) JK, they are on flickr. Check them out!
  • I often times wonder who reads my blog. It's weird putting myself out there for the world to see. If you feel so inclined, leave a comment. It really would make my day.
  • I have some sort of weird disorder (still trying to find the medical terminology to describe it) where I can't sleep in the same bed as someone else. It's really insane. I am quite worried about sharing a bed with my future husband. I sleep like 1/4 of the night and lay there, trying not the move the rest of the time. And I usually fail at that.
  • I have a friend, we'll call her "Sarah", who is homeless. She literally lives out of her car, begging people to let her come in for a warm shower and home cooked meals whenever she can. Sarah is a nomad, traveling all around the country and world, in search of any way she could earn a little bit of cash. If you would like to donate money to her cause, as she is a struggling professional athlete, send checks my way. I'll take care of it! :)
  • I have been told by many lately, that I am "unique" and "awkwardly funny". They all claim that those are compliments, but I don't see it that way. Seriously guys? Unique? You might as well put a sticker on my forehead that says "I'm weird." Thanks guys.
  • I have a boatload of studying to do right now. So what am I doing instead? Blogging. And then what? Cleaning. Distractions are wonderful.
  • Pictures of Seattle below: 1) view from the hike we took. so pretty! 2) walking around Fremont (a district of Seattle) - the compulsory jumping pic I take every trip. 3) the needle. whoop.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

AIN'T LIFE WONDERFUL!!!

Anonymous said...

ya, you're not very good at the no moving thing but thanks for trying

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for posting them somewhere other than Facebook for us old people who don't have Facebook accounts.

Count me in as someone that checks your blog a couple of times a week for new entries!

Love you.

Sarah Foster said...

How can I ever thank you for the best publicity I have received in months? My clean load of clothes, washed in 2x concentrated formula and tumbled dried with a plush dryer sheet hopefully will last me 'til I can mooch off of another saint. Also, the protein I received from our Chedds date will sustain me for a long while. :) Tehehe...lastly, the Hershey kisses we're stuffing our face with make me question the "professional athlete" stanza. This is, officially, the ending of our era, as I depart and we leave the college days behind. From Kirwan IV to finality on Hereford...it's been "a hoot 'n a holler!" I love you, EJ!

EJ Chang said...

oh alex, you slept like a little baby the whole time...snoring my ears off all night. don't you complain to me! :)

Richard said...

Great post. it looked liked you had fun.

J Dub said...

I enjoy your blog, E.

Matt...get on Facebook.

Lyndsey said...

Oh EJ... when are you going to come visit me in Florida?

Kay Costilow said...

EJ i got two comments for you :

1) Beware of Seattle - i loved it too until i lived in Vancouver - the rain never stops! But other than that yes it is an amazing place.

2) We shared a bed in Nicaragua - did you lie awake the whole night? i don't remember this phobie of yours. - i simply remember another conversation regarding your husband...