Monday, June 9, 2008

The start of something new

I've picked up a new hobby recently, not one that most people find entertaining, but it has brought me great delight. It's the art of being anti-social. I don't know where it came from, but it has overtaken my life. I have deleted over 50 friends on facebook. Most of the victims are people that I have never talked to once in my life. I assume that they were soccer fans, and now that I am no longer anyone important, I figured they wouldn't be hurt by the termination of our "friendship". Nonetheless, the "Remove from Friends" link at the bottom of every profile page is screaming my name. I didn't care when my Newsfeed was announcing the marriage of John and Jane Doe. It is very freeing to unclutter one's facebook. You should try it. It's simply wonderful.

My new hobby has extended beyond Facebook too, as I have discovered there are many more ways to express my new-found love of being anti-social. I have developed a strong distaste for my phone. In fact, I rarely ever have it with me any more. I'll be honest in saying that I haven't had much activity on my phone since being in Kentucky, yet the few times that people have kindly attempted to call me, I haven't called them back. It's nothing personal, I promise. I am ignoring everyone's calls. I leave my phone in my purse on silent all day, and don't check it for hours upon end. This means that if you text me, you may get a significantly delayed response. While missed calls make me upset because of the guilt associated with not returning the call, text messages still make me happy and will always be replied to.

This new hobby may be a defense mechanism to combat my unpopularity. Or it could be my way of not wanting to move on and make new friends at UK as I hold on to the memories of Aggieland. I don't have the answer, but I do know that if you go a long time without talking to me, please do not be upset, as this is the same treatment that the Pope or Queen would get.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was deleted. :(

Anonymous said...

I don't like this AT ALL!!! Call me back!!!!!

Anonymous said...

everything is always personal

Lyndsey said...

Am I still allowed to comment?

Kay Costilow said...

we live the same life. just in two different places.

Mike West said...

It's called quiet time....something we all need. Wise decision.

Aggie said...

you spoiled us by updating this thing bi-weekly. i demand an update