Friday, July 11, 2008

Revelation #2

Since my freshman year of college, when Sarah and I were trapped in the dungeon commonly referred to as Kirwan IV, we openly shared our revelations with each other, even marking them on our calendars to go down in history. To count something as a revelation, it has to be ground-breaking and monumental. For example, Sarah woke up one morning convinced that she was going to marry Trey Moeller, a family friend whom she had not seen since she was in 8th grade. Obviously this is not going to happen since she is marrying Kent this fall, but at the time it was revolutionary because Sarah had never dated, nor had she been seriously interested in doing so.

Earlier this semester I decided to start making my revelations public again, for posterity's sake. If you recall, I had a revelation that I am going to marry a nerd. Just for clarification, that doesn't mean a suspender/bowtie/thick glasses-wearing kind of nerd, that just means someone who is intelligent and loves to learn and isn't ashamed of it.

Well I just had another revelation last night.

I've always thought my younger brother was the bomb. He is good-looking, smart, funny, athletic...just a dream boat. I never understood why the opposite sex was not falling at his feet. He has everything in the world going for him. Well this summer we have spent a lot of time together, more than we have in years. And I have found that we have been getting on each other's nerves a lot. Half of our conversations end with someone saying something smart, and even occasionally ending in a slap. I started to think maybe he isn't such a prime catch. But then it dawned on me. It's because we're the same person. We have very similar personalities, so of course when we are together for extended periods of time, we start to clash. We both want to make the funny joke, or be chosen first at pick-up soccer games, or be seen as the "poster child". We are one in the same.

So using simple logic, if A=B, and B=C, then A=C. Which means, I am the bomb. Just a dream boat for the opposite sex. Now that's a revelation! :)

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Love the logic you created to call yourself the bomb!!!

Andrew said...

I disagree entirely with your logic. The reason we clash is ultimately due to feelings of resentment and inferiority based on the part of the once superior, older daughter. All she has left is the continued favoritism received from the parents. (And an ultimately bigger future salary).

Plus, I think we're actually getting used to living together again. We haven't fought for a while.

Keep coming up with theories though. One will have to be right eventually. At least, keep telling yourself that. :D

Anonymous said...

haha I love it!

Spencer Selvidge said...

This is kind of funny, though I have to wonder aloud: Do they make door frames bigger at UK? We have to be sure your head fits through any doors at UK med shcool!

I am kidding. Sort of. :-P

Ben Jones said...

I would have to disagree. Kirwan-Blanding is a haven of luxury and opulence in an intimate setting to better induce socially awkward situations while facilitating the spread of infectious diseases.
Beyond that, this is pretty funny. On a side note, I tend to vehemently dislike people who are too similar to me as I find them overly competitive, stubborn to a fault, too smart for their own good and generally irritating. Which tends to create greater admiration for those who can and do tolerate me.

Anonymous said...

dork