Monday, June 15, 2009

Out of the Loop

I have now been back in Kentucky for over a year now.  At times my heart longs for A&M.  Well, most of the time actually.  And while I know I'll always be an Aggie, it's harder feeling part of the family when you are 1000 miles away.  With the physical distance from Aggieland and the time consumption by medical school, keeping up with the ins and outs of what is going on at my beloved university proves to be a challenge.  So I am calling on my fellow Aggie readers to help keep me in the loop here.  What is going on with Dr. Murano stepping down as president?  All I know is that she retired suddenly for "the good of the university" and that everyone is saying that Gov. Rick Perry controls Texas A&M.  


Explanation please.


Also, if there is anything else going on down there that I need to know about, please inform me.  I was hoping to work A&M soccer camps this summer, but it looks like the numbers are down due to the economy, so they won't need me.  Who knows how long it will be until I make it back down there.  :(

I would like to take some time to congratulate A&M's golf and women's and men's track teams for their 3 National Championships earned in the last 2 weeks.  WHOOP!  I also want to give former Aggie pitcher Kirkland Rivers a shout out.  He got moved up to the Astros Single A team, the Lexington Legends, a few weeks ago and I got to go see him pitch the other day.  Always fun to see Ags in the pros!  And hopefully this means his girl, Amber Gnatzig, will be up to visit him (and me) shortly!

2 comments:

mike wilkins said...

the chancellor doesn't like her. it's purely political.

anyway, i don't actually know anything about it (that's how i like it). but it certainly has NOTHING to do with cost savings. good grief ... it's like $400,000.

Alex said...

It's political. There have been rumors for a while that when Perry is done next year as Gov that he wants to be the next President of A&M and in the mean time is trying to set up his political connections to get that done. We'll see how it all pans out. The last straw was when the Chancellor came out saying he wanted to combine his job and hers, and for him to hold the position. I don't think that combining them is a good idea. We need someone who can focus just on A&M in CS and is not focusing on the whole A&M system and CS.

On another note... Texas soon, PLEASE! Chuy's is calling your name... and Ed's!