Friday, February 29, 2008

February 29th!!!

I do not have anything particularly great or interesting to explain about the world today, but considering the fact that this will probably be the only February 29th that will exist during my blogging years (doubt I will still be doing this 4 years from now), I figured I would write a post.

I've always lived life on the safe side, when it comes to partying, boys, and especially fashion. I am not the girl who will be the first to buy the newest and latest trendy thing. I usually wait about a year to a) see if it is still in fashion and it is worth spending my hard earned money on, b) for me to get acclimated to the new style (it took me about 4 years to start to appreciate capris, about a year for me to find gouchos cute, and I'm currently struggling with the tights/big lose shirt combo), or c) for me to build up the courage to wear it in public. This is one quality that my mother hates about me. She always wants to buy me the new fashions, right off the runway. But I am pretty content with my casual look, although I've been told I look like I am 15, so maybe I should spruce up my look a wee bit.

Well today I decided it was time to get my hair cut. It had been 7 months, so it was more a matter of necessity than pure desire. As Simon so politely told Garrett Haley in his American Idol* performance, "It looks like you've been shut up in your bedroom for about a month. You're pale. You need some fresh air." Hopefully I didn't look quite as bad as him, but a change was direly needed. So I waltzed into the hair salon, wearing my designer jeans, high heels, and new super cute shirt. One thing I've learned, you have to look good for hair stylists so that they take you seriously, so I brought my A game today. I got 3 inches off the bottom, tons of layers, and, hold your breath, bangs! Ah! Now, they aren't "serious" bangs, so don't get your hopes up. They are the sweeping kind...covering up one eye, giving me the mysterious look. I think I like them, but I'm already annoyed at having hair in my face constantly. Right now, they are bobby-pinned back. :)

About the pale thing...yeah, I'm still pasty, actually more like transparent. I have always won the "whitest girl award" amongst all my friends. When you are whiter than a red-head, then you know you have talent. My roommate went to the tanning bed yesterday, trying to get ready for the second part of our spring break in the Bahamas. Although I would enjoy being tan, it's just not in my blood, so I have learned to embrace my alabaster skin . I also have strong convictions with going to a tanning bed. It's like smoking. Or sleeping with a million guys. You're bound to get cancer or an STD (from the sex, not the tanning bed, although I have heard there's sketchy tanning beds out there). Cancer ovens are not the answer. Spray-on tans? Yes please.

Tonight is GLOW - Giving to Light Others Way - put on by Maggies and AMC. It's a 5K run through campus, where all the proceeds go to various charities throughout the community. We get a rockin' t-shirt, it's for a good cause, and tons of people go out and enjoy Aggieland together....pretty cool. But don't you guys worry, I am not actually running the 5K, I will be walking. It's against my religion to run for the "fun" of it.

Paid my speeding ticket today - $280 for going 41 mph on Holleman (30mph limit). For the record, I don't like policemen. But I especially don't like police women.

This time next week I will be in Seattle with Alex, Ann Carolyn, and Patton. I'm slightly excited. Booyah.

Happy Leap Year! :)

*speaking of American Idol, everyone needs to be voting for Jason Castro. He's an Aggie. And he's cute. And talented. WHOOP!

5 comments:

Sarah Foster said...

BANGS!! WHAT???? I can't wait to see them! Can you post a pic? Also, $280 on a ticket...by a policewoman...yeah, been there done that and it's one thing I don't miss about Aggieland. Miss you!

Lyndsey said...

Um we're going to need a picture missy...

Anonymous said...

Hard earned cash? HA!!

EJ Chang said...

yes, hard-earned cash! i do have a job now, whoever you mysterious anonymous person is! i am coaching soccer! :)

Anonymous said...

i must see these bangs!!! and i'm proud of you!