Sunday, December 7, 2008

How to Lose Weight

Over my 24 years of existence, I have never struggled with my weight or ever even needed to drop 5 pounds for an upcoming event.  In fact, I was told I needed to gain weight by our team nutritionist, but I threw that garbage out the window because I already ate like a fat kid.  Can't fight metabolism, baby.

While I am not saying that I am fat by any means now, I will admit that I do probably have 5 pounds to spare now in my current state.  I decided to make a change in my lifestyle and I actually worked out fairly intensely 4 times this past week (following my old A&M soccer workout book that I found at home).  I have started eating a bit healthier, knowing that that could only help.  Well I figured that I would see immediate changes in my body composition (ie the return of my glorious tight abs and toned arms), but after a week of working out, no pounds have dropped and no fat has dissipated.  

And then I remembered something.  There really is only one sure fire way to lose weight quickly.  And although it may come at some other expenses to your life, you need to only focus on the scale.  That's all that really matters.

It's quite simple: go through a break up.  Nothing makes pounds drop faster.  During my times of rejection and depression that I am unfortunately all too common with, my insatiable appetite for food disappears right in front of my eyes.  The thought of food makes me cringe.  It couldn't be a more perfect scenario for losing weight.  You won't even have the desire to eat.  On top of that, nothing is a better stress reliever than working out, so you will probably start going to the gym more often after the break up than before.

So my plan before spring break is to find a guy, fall crazy infatuated with him, then find a way to make him hate me (see: How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days) so that he will break up with me.  I'll eventually thank him as I am sitting in my bathing suit in Florida in March, basking in the glory of my hot bod.

6 comments:

Spencer Selvidge said...

Sadist! Ha. But its all true.

Alex said...

True that. You make me laugh.

JSMcGuire said...

Hey girl! I am finally on Facebook. I looked for you but there are a TON of Elisabeth Jones'! Holy Moly! John can't access the site where he is so find me! lol. Talk to you soon!

Unknown said...

LOL! You appear to pay a steep price to achieve and maintain your svelte figure! Hey, whatever it takes!

Anonymous said...

i'm dying laughing! you are so wise

Richard said...

EJ all i could do when i read that was shake my head, lol maybe a more reasonable solution that i know works for my wrestlers is to fill up on water when ever you get hungry(still eat to keep up nutrition but dont fill up on food, or actully even eat your normal amount). It is great for long term weight loss. However the first few days(3-5) you have excess water weight(between 3-8lbs), use the bathroom every 10 min and sweat like a pig but your body will adjust and in about 3-5 week with vigerous exercise (min 3 days a week) you can drop a wieght class or two (roughly 5-15 lbs from your orgional weight) best of luck and enjoy reading the posts keep up the good work