Friday, December 26, 2008

Why Marriage is Beautiful

I've decided I'm ready to get married.  All these years I've pushed it aside, thinking I was too immature and selfish to enter into such a covenant.  But this Christmas I had yet another revelation that has shifted my stance on holy matrimony.  While I may still be callow and egoistic, I believe I have many other traits to bring to the table.

For example, I believe I could make some great babies.  Seeing how successful my brother and his wife have been, I am ready to give it a try.  These little babes would be super athletic (they will be on a training regimen to be walking by 7  months), super smart (writing symphonies by age 4), and cute as a button (blond curls and blue eyes).  If anything, I think there is a guy out there that would be more than welcome to put up with my personality flaws to get some good genes for his children.

But even more so than my fantastic breeding capabilities, I want to get married for another reason: the holidays.  Christmas is already fun as it is, but imagine multiplying it by 3? Christmas at home with my hubby and children.  Christmas at my parents house.  Christmas at my husband's house.  Three FULL Christmases.  Seriously, could it get any better than that? I'd be set the rest of the year with all the gifts I so graciously received.

I am embarking on a new journey, one filled with anticipation and hope for one day finding true love.  Because friends, marriage surely is a beautiful thing.

4 comments:

Mike West said...

Marriage will help your taxes too. :)
Good luck on your journey. 31 years for us coming up in June and I would do it again - got me a good one.

Unknown said...

Ahh, I see; multiple gifts! I like the way you think!

Alex said...

HAHAHAHA! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I admire your aspirations and will be praying for your romantic pursuit. Believe me, I will at least pray for that once, perhaps more. But don't be overconfident about "making" babies. We don't; God does.