Friday, February 27, 2009

Finals Week

You know that phenomenon, "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?"  Well I am here to add a new question to the list of mysteries that can never really be answered: "How many hours can you spend at a library without going bonkers?"

In the past week I have spent a better part of each day studying at W.T. Young Library.  I had my Genetics final on Monday and my Biochem final is in, well, 34 minutes.  I have come to know the security guards, the clean up crew, and the "regulars" at the library.  I have seen people do things at the library that they would never do anywhere else.  Stress induced, I'm sure.  See images below.

Yes, do not let your eyes deceive you, that is a clown at the library.


I have had many good laughs over the last week.  WTY has become my new home.  My best friend.  Something I can always count on to be screaming my name in earnest love.  It's like my blanky, that is, until you have been there 10+ hours, without leaving once even to eat.  Kind of like the sleep hangover you get when you've been in bed for too long.  The bed, and the library, are only meant to be used so much.  The last 3 days have been overkill: 10 hours Tuesday, 11 hours Wednesday, and 12 hours yesterday.  I believe the photo below was taken ~9 hours in on Wednesday.  You can only take so much of a "good" thing.


Well I'm off to take the final.  Wish me luck.  Hopefully my brain isn't dead from my adventures at the library!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey, you told me that was a good look for me!

Matthew said...

time for a new post. you have been back from spring break for more than a week now.