Sunday, May 4, 2008

The List

I have concocted a list of things I would like to do before leaving the great city of College Station this coming Friday. I have 115 hours remaining in Texas, and I plan on going out in style. I fully plan on doing each of these, although finals and packing may get in the way. As you will see, there is a common theme throughout my list: food. I have my priorities straight, I know.

  • Take a late night walk through campus, soaking in the atmosphere of Aggieland, reminiscing about memories, and experiencing what it feels like to be an Aggie student one last time.
  • Enjoy a delicious slice of Antonio's pizza at 2am.
  • Study in the MSC Flag Room and listen to a random person play their heart out on the piano.
  • Get one last sip of Layne's Dr. Pepper (with no ice).
  • Pond hop.
  • Catch a meal at Sbisa...never been there.
  • Photograph A&M's campus, specifically the Bonfire Memorial.
  • Finally make all those CDs I promised my friends.
  • Grab a blueberry donut and java shake from Sweet Eugenes.
  • Northgate.
  • Taste true Texas bbq and sweet tea one last time.
  • Buy a Freebirds t-shirt.
  • Pull an all-nighter with friends, just hanging out.
  • Write letters to all those who touched me while in Aggieland.
  • Finally go to The Tap for piano bar on Wednesday night.
  • Finally go to Cafe Eccel.
  • Step on the Fightin' Texas Aggie soccer field one last time.
  • Hug all my friends goodbye.
  • Cry a lot -- ok this isn't on my list of things to do, but I know it will happen...I've already broken down twice.

9 comments:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ said...

gcthats a nice list!! i actually think i can say ive done a few of those!

JSMcGuire said...

John and I are going to miss seeing you in the Aggie Maroon playing soccer. We have enjoyed getting to know you each time we visit Aggieland. I hope we can all get together again. Congratulations on your graduation and keep us up-to-date on med school. :)

Sarah Foster said...

wow, I now realize how much I miss Aggieland, too. I am almost crying thinking about it. Soak it up, girl. Wish I was with you...

Anonymous said...

Let's get crackin on that list!

Anonymous said...

"Write letters to all those who touched me while in Aggieland"

Nathan said...

Kentucky kicks A&M's ass. Don't cry. I know, I'm the guy who has to be insensitive. You're coming back to your true home. It's almost like me going back to Canada!

Nathan said...

um... i meant to edit that to "butt"... and don't know how to delete comment posts...

EJ Chang said...

A&M undergrad > UK undergrad.
UK medical school > A&M medical school.
Therefore, A&M = UK.

Mike said...

great list Elisabeth. gosh what i wouldn't do to be able to go to laynes right now.