Sunday, August 24, 2008

First Publication

I got an email earlier this month from a company in Seattle, Schmap, that wanted to use one of my pictures that I took this past spring break in their next publication. They found my picture on Flickr and nominated it for one of the pictures to be used in their "University of Washington" section and it ended up being selected! Whoop! Here is the link to the picture I took, and here is the link for the magazine it was used in. I am kinda shocked they selected it because it was a cloudy day so the sky isn't anything to look at, and it was one week before the cherry blossoms bloomed, which is what UDub's campus is famous for in the spring. And for all of those who know Alex Lee, that is her sitting on the bench for me posing. So you got your first modeling gig, Alex. :)

It's not National Geographic, but I'll take it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! You've got talent -- use it.

Alex said...

Are you freaking serious???? I mean I know I'm the whole reason why they chose it and all! I just remember you saying, "hey, go sit on that bench and don't look at me" and I was super confused and afterwards you were like "I wanted you to sit on the end of the bench, not the middle".... guess things don't always have to be perfect to be great! All I'm going to say is WHOOOOOP!!!! I'm very proud of you! Do you get a copy of the Mag? And can I have one?

Lyndsey said...

That's awesome! It's a beautiful picture! Let's go take some photos together soon, ok? :)

Praying for Cros said...

way to go EJ!!!! now I guess you will charge high $$ to take pics of my kids...since you've been published & all : )
hope med school is going great....Cros gets scanned on sept. 11th....maybe we will pass you in the halls?! wish we didn't have to see you there...continuing to pray they will always be crystal clear!!! smiles, Mer

Sarah Foster said...

yo go girl! do you do weddings? haha