Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mid-day affliction

Problem: I am completely worthless between 12 and 2:30pm every day. No exceptions. No matter how much caffeine I consume in attempts to keep myself focused on my studies, I somehow always find myself waking up from a quick snooze. And then I just give up and watch the olympics for a bit, before my conscience kicks in and I feel horrible for wasting my time. You would think topics such as gastrulation and neurulation, or sympathetic pathways of the ANS would keep me interested, but that has yet to be the case. If it weren't for Coldplay, I wouldn't be able to focus between 3-6pm. Praise Jehovah for Chris Martin.

Solution: A mandatory nap/rest time needs to be instituted between 1-3pm every day. China has been doing this for years. Schools and workplaces shut down in the early afternoon so that people can go home to relax and rejuvenate. It is obviously working for them. 43 gold metals. Enough said.

3 comments:

mike wilkins said...

read you loud and clear ... but for me it's 3-5 p.m. ... ugh ...

Sarah Foster said...

siesta. yay!

Alex said...

I'm worthless 1-3, so I agree 100%... Italy does it too!