Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dance it out

Typically when I am sick of studying, or I am just having a bad day, I resort to Facebook to be my escape. But since I quit that cold turkey this past weekend in efforts of maximizing my time for memorizing anatomical principles and facts, that has not been an option for me this week. Sadly, I must admit that this has been extremely difficult. Twice I clicked on my Facebook favorites icon to just get a sneak peak, but due to my conscience, I quickly exed out of mozilla firefox so that I did not have to admit to you, my loyal readers, that I was that weak.


So here I am, sitting at my desk, taking an old exam to get a feel of how far I am along with this studying process, and I continue to make stupid mistake after stupid mistake on the questions. Frustrated, I decide that I deserve a Facebook break. That's right. I haven't been on it for 5 days and I just want a measly 5 minute break to check to see what life is like on the other side.
But alas, I withstood the temptation and decided to follow in the footsteps of Meredith Grey. Whenever she has a really bad day, she goes home, turns the music on really loud, and just dances, freeing her mind of the stresses and worries. So that's what I did. I turned on my current favorite song as loud as possible (without disturbing the neighbors), gladly got out of my desk chair, and jumped around like a silly person for 5 minutes, singing into my fake microphone as best I could. I can promise you it wasn't a pretty sight, but It got the job done.


On a side note, if I had still been at A&M, I could have taken a different approach to escaping the madness. I would have just gone to practice, my teammates would have seen me out of it, and Kati Jo would have yelled, "Ags, Let's hug it out! Hug it out, ladies!" Immediately, everyone would start hugging everyone, with KJ of course going to G first and squeezing him until the whole debacle was over. Oh, those were the good ole days.

3 comments:

Sarah Foster said...

hahhahahah...do you remeber that spectacle you made in your room when I took pics of you as you were screaming and jumping up and down..it was to some avril l. song....?

EJ Chang said...

Of course! How could I forget that? But it was to Kelly Clarkson - Since You've Been Gone. I was insane that night. Didn't I have my physics final that next morning?

Anonymous said...

Awesome...that's all I have to say about that.