Sunday, April 27, 2008

Auntie EJ


I got the call tonight at 12:45am CST that my niece was born! Matthew and Elizabeth are the proud new parents of a 6 lb 8 oz baby girl: Mary Beth Jones. And I am now ready to be the most rockin aunt that has ever lived. I haven't even met her and I already love her!

Reasons why I will be a cool aunt:

1. She is partially named after me, so she will automatically think I'm cool if her parents liked me enough to make me her namesake. Although I am still confused as to why they are spelling her name with a "z" when I spell mine with an "s".

2. I am young and hip. While many aunts are older and mature, I am still a spring chicken and a spaz. It also helps that I do not have a husband or family of my own, so I can completely spoil her and treat her as if she's my kid (until she does something bad, and I can pass off the punishment to her parents, that way she still loves me).

3. I will teach her the proper technique to kick a soccer ball, shoot a jump shot, and ride a bicycle, all before the age of three. Guarantee it.

4. I will buy her the trendy clothes and accessories that parents do not buy their kids because they don't want to teach them frivolous spending.

5. I have the capabilities of going from super cool athletic aunt to girly, proper aunt. I can throw a pretty legit tea party and can be a star actress when we play dress up and house. This is what gives me the edge over Uncle Andrew.

All in all, I am glad that they had a baby girl so that I could be an aunt, and not an uncle. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! Aunt Elisabeth! Has a good ring to it. I love the comment about passing off the punishment! Definitely the way to go!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are funny. Mary Beth is still doing well and she is ready for you to come up for a visit. I know you have to wait until after you graduate, but you better come up and visit her soon after you get back to Lexington!

Kay Costilow said...

i love your last line! "i'm glad i can be and aunt and not an uncle!" so funny! i'm totally an uncle to my nephews ! congrats auntie =)

also, you might as well start calling her MB now cuz it's gonna happen (speaking from experience kay beth = kb)

Sarah Foster said...

hahahhaa, well, as a new aunt myself i totally understand loving the baby and not even seeing it in person yet! Ahhh, don't u wish we could be there? We really are gonna be superstar aunts...oh yeah, and that whole 'spelling it with a z thing instead of an s'...of course they would go with ur spelling over the kid's own mom! hahaha

Lyndsey said...

That baby is being raised right already, love the hat! You are going to be the best aunt ever!