Monday, April 7, 2008

EJ Explains the Secret of Dating

You have to appreciate a good, old-fashioned date offer. Most guys these days just wanna "hang out" with a girl until it gets kind of serious and eventually have a DTR. They try to skirt around the issue of feelings. More so, want to avoid having to spend money on a date or dressing up to impress the girl.

So when I hear a, "Hey Elisabeth, I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me this weekend? I think you are a cool girl and I would love to get to know you more," you just have to applaud that. What a breath of fresh air! It's classy. You are giving the girl a 5 day period to prepare herself for the date, whether that means going to get a new outfit, a haircut, a tan, or her nails painted. It shows you have put thought into it, planned time out of your weekend, and really do care to spend time the girl, instead of a last second, desperation date where you call and are like, "hey girl, I'm not doing anything tonight, ya wanna chill?" Not exactly romantic.

If only more guys would be old-fashioned, I think they could get more dates. Girls love charm. What girl does not like to be wined and dined? It makes you feel special. It gives you something to look forward to. I recently learned in one of my classes that dating is one of the most healthy things you can do as a young adult. The reason? It gives you an opportunity to dress up, making you confident in your appearance, and most importantly, you spend a few hours talking about yourself...your interests, your strengths, etc. So when you leave a date, you have to feel good because you have just spent the evening talking yourself up.

So guys, step up the plate. Man up. I know you can do it. It's been done before. It was done last night to me. Asking a girl out does not mean you want to be the father of her children. It simply means you enjoy her company and would love to get to know her more. It's not a marriage proposal. It's a date. =)

6 comments:

Spencer Selvidge said...

I can pass this up:

"What girl does not like to be winded and dined? It makes you feel special."

I like being winded, too! Then going for a big meal.

Wise-crack complete. :)

EJ Chang said...

Look again Spencer. It says "wined", not "winded". Somebody can't read!

Wise-crack complete! :)

Spencer Selvidge said...

Burn.

Sarah Foster said...

You are a hoot 'n a holler!

Anonymous said...

oooooo yeah! AGREED 100%!!! I can't wait for your date!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm all for old-fashioned. Girls have no choice, hit them over the head, drag them to your cave.