Thursday, April 24, 2008

Freedom

To my astonishment today I realized that I am basically done with college. I was so preoccupied with my tests this week that I wasn't even thinking about my finals schedule. But as I turned in my biochemistry exam this afternoon and headed home, it hit me that I only have one final and one paper due in the next two weeks. Two of my other classes' finals are optional, and since I already have A's, there's no point in taking them (I'm not that much of an overachiever). And I've already written the paper that is due. And my one final is in my cake-walk psychology class. I'm done. Hullabaflippinloo. I am free...well until August 4th when my life becomes consumed with medical school. Oh, and I am working full time in a research lab this summer. So, maybe I'm not that free. Dangit, I just burst my own bubble.

But more importantly, what am I going to do with my last two weeks in College Station? Well of course I have to think about the whole moving thing. I graduate two weeks from tomorrow and leave that day to go back to Lex-Vegas. So the packing process is looming...but I'll put that off for a few days. I have more exciting things to do this weekend.

Time to hang out with my friends. Go to Sweet Eugene's to pleasure read and make fun of everyone else that is studying for finals. Go to the rec to play racquetball and climb. Sleep in. Go on bike rides. Do whatever my little heart desires.

14 more days in Aggieland. Living it up. Soaking it in. Loving life.

2 comments:

Sarah Foster said...

Awww, sweet Aggieland. I wish I could be down there with you! I'm off to Europe and already feeling homesick and now thinking of Aggieland makes me wishfully desire for one more day in
College Station, too. Aggieland will always be a home to me!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! And in the next two weeks you should also become an aunt!