Thursday, January 10, 2008

My TP (the Total Package)

Spending the last 4 days with my younger brother and Elizabeth, his new girlfriend who flew down from Philly to meet the fam, made me think about my own personal love life (or lack there of). I have a pretty standard set of rules, like most people do, that whoever I date must abide by (ie he must be a Christian, intelligent, driven), but once it gets past that, I don't think I'm too particular. Sarah believes that I'm too picky with my guys, but I argue that you can't be labeled "picky" when you aren't turning down date offers.

Of course, every girl has their dream guy, someone who would fit their mold completely. I'm here to share with you my "perfect" guy, the Total Package. One of my high school teachers told all the guys in our class that all they need to look for in a woman is someone who can do the 3 C's: cook, clean, and conceive. My list is a wee bit more extensive, and I'd like to believe, less sexist. So here he is, my TP...drum roll please...

Aggie, seeks the Lord daily, athletic, enjoys traveling, can two-step and look mighty fine in those jeans/boots, can dress up really nice but is not a metrosexual, spontaneous yet dependable, going into some sort of profession (medicine, engineering, law, etc), can wear chacos and still look cool, does not question my undying love for both A&M and UK athletics, wears cologne, does his own taxes (and secretly enjoys it), can't wait to be a daddy, mows the lawn for fun, reads The Economist and listens to Rush Limbaugh, is the "sweet" guy who can always find the best in everyone, can make me laugh, still flirts with me even after we are "official", can change a tire or his own oil and fix things around the house (since I can't), would be my perfect partner when playing cards/board games/42, shoots a sweet j and throws that perfect spiral, introduces me to new bands and types of music, has really good guy friends who he keeps in touch with, loves cuddling, is a good speller with an extensive vocabulary, will pretend like they love my cooking, even if it's disastrous, tolerates me crying during sappy romantic movies, is good at a sport or activity that I have no idea how to play (badminton, racquetball, snowboarding) and is willing to teach me, dresses nicely for church (this is oh so attractive to me), pushes me to my full potential, desires to do mission work, is not a picky eater, loves my sass, shaves his chest hair, funny, cute, manly, loves meeting new people, is an incredible encourager, prefers Layne's to Canes, and finds Halo and other such computer games to be childish and immature.

DISCLAIMER: I do not think this person actually exists. As long as he is a Christian and smarter than me, all the rest is just bonus! =)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha!!!!! love it!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the shout out little sis. don't be too worried.


oh, and for the record. just because you aren't turning down dates doesn't mean you're not picky. guys typically don't ask out girls that don't first show some sort of interest in them. anyways. go get 'em.

Anonymous said...

hmmm.....well if he has to be an aggie you better either start looking around or go to med school in texas!

somehow i think you'll find someone (or he'll find you) who will surprise you and exceed your expectations....

maybe you should add "triple A member" to your list. that sure comes in handy when you're sitting in the rain on the side of the road. :)

Anonymous said...

if only i were a man!

J Dub said...

Hey...I just came across your blog because of your comment on mine. Thanks for the link on your page...it will be reciprocated.

Good luck on finding someone that meets even the majority of those requirements. Chances are, you'll find who you're looking for when you're not even looking...that's what happened for me and seems to be a theme for a lot of people I talk to.

Anyway, God's got a plan, both for now and when you find "him." Have fun regardless.

Justin

Anonymous said...

chacos=crocs=cool=impossible

Anonymous said...

I love it too...It sounds like your dad a whole lot! How just like us "well-fathered" girls. (Although I don't want to know if your dad shaves his chest.) I have a list too, woman, and although I am flexible, it's a great perk when the guy measures up to most of my corny expectations...ie: good driver, thinks I'm pretty without makeup on...etc. I love you girl!

Daniel W said...

hm

Anonymous said...

This is great. I wish more girls did this. It is like Organic chemistry, weeds out the wimps that can't stack up to the tough standards. You've set some standards for yourself in this post. If you truly are open to new music, willing to try new things, and most importantly live a life for Jesus (which includes missions), then we need to meet. You're going to need to be flexible on the Rush though. I listen to NPR. Sure it is biased toward the other end of the political spectrum, but you grow a lot more when your ideals and beliefs are challenged.