Monday, January 7, 2008

Spring Break plans?

So I recently bought my ticket to Nassau, Bahamas for the second half of spring break (March 12-16), but that leaves me stranded in CS for the first half. Due to the traveling gene that my mother passed on to me, I am forced to express this gene whenever possible. So I curiously got online to check out ticket prices to random cities throughout the US for the dates of March 7-11, and a plethora of fairly priced tickets came to my attention. So now the decision has to be made on where to go for those 4 wonderful days before I head off to paradise (the Atlantis resort).

1. Chicago - This is probably where I want to go most. I haven't been to the Windy City since I was 10, so I am dying to return. I want to go sight-seeing, peruse the art museums, and watch some baseball. I have connections to stay up there for free, but the problem is: my brother (who goes to school at Wheaton) will not be in town that week because it's his own spring break. So do I want to go to Chicago and not get to see my brother?

2. Washington, DC - Our wonderful nation's capital hasn't been graced with my presence since the awkward years of middle school - my 8th grade school trip. Naturally, I feel like I need a second chance to show America that I have grown up a bit in the past 10 years. As a history major, nothing would tickle my fancy more than a day at the Smithsonian or promenading around the memorials.

3. New York City - Do I really need to explain why I would like to visit the Big Apple? Broadway plays, Central Park, Yankee stadium (before it's torn down), shopping, shopping, shopping. Wait, maybe my budget couldn't handle a trip like this....next!

4. San Diego, CA - I have never been to what many proclaim to be the prettiest city in the US. I hear the weather is perfect, there's good surfing, I have great friends that live out there, and the San Diego Zoo is calling my name...you hear it? I'll brave the possibility of getting attacked by a tiger.

5. Seattle, WA - The great outdoors and a beautiful city, a dynamite combination. Good coffee, great hiking, and hippies...yes please. And it wouldn't be too bad seeing Patton while I was out there either. And how far is it away from Vancouver? I could get a Canada fix too, eh?

Give me your two cents. Any recommendations? Wanna come with?

11 comments:

Sarah Foster said...

6. Stay in Texas and visit friends that you won't have seen for months! Haha, if I had to vote on the top 5. I'd chose D.C. since apparently, "nothing would tickle your fancy more..." I love it!

Anonymous said...

1. Seattle- we could see Patton, but don't go without me please!
2. Chicago- we'll go there when Andrew is back and baseball has started. You can't go there and not see a game at Wrigley Field!
3. NYC- so what if I was just there... more shows please! And we could stay for free!
4. San Diego
5. DC

Anonymous said...

Um... I think you forgot about an option.
West Palm Beach!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dude, come to San Diego! WE can paint the town together!

Anonymous said...

WE'RE GOING TO SEATTLE... YEAH!!!!!!!

EJ Chang said...

seattle it is! :) don't worry sarah, i'll see you this semester! i'll be in dallas feb 28 - march 1 fo sho. will you be back from port yet?

Lyndsey said...

What... West palm didn't even get a nod from you!

I am not happy about Seattle

EJ Chang said...

lyndsey, west palm beach will just have to be my next trip. :)

you can always come with me to seattle! :)

Anonymous said...

My only recommendation is that you stop blogging.

And it's "peruse", Miss 3.98.

EJ Chang said...

*sigh* you are right, mr. anonymous. thanks for calling me out. i changed it. but i am not gonna stop blogging. :)

Anonymous said...

my vote is seattle. it'll make you appreciate the bahamas even more, and you should spend more time in NY if you're making the trouble to come "up north" as you call it.

chicago could be good too, but it still might be blizzarding in march for all we know, and andrew won't be there.

definitely seattle.